Help for Family and Friends
The Iowa Gambling Treatment Program also provides assistance to the family members and concerned persons of the problem gambler. The assistance and counseling provided help give direction on what family and friends should and shouldn't do to help the problem gambler and themselves.
Family Members and Friends Will Learn How To:
- Confront and cease enabling behaviors
- Restore normal life routines
- Reinforce appropriate actions for recovery
- Distance themselves from the problem behavior
- Not to blame themselves for the problem, but to take responsibility for their own lives
If someone you know has a gambling problem, we are here to help! If you have questions you’d like answered, call 1-800-BETS OFF, or click on Live Chat now, or click here to send us your question.