If someone you know exhibits any of the warning signs below, they may have developed a gambling problem. Please get them the help they need.
Are they …
- Preoccupied with gambling (i.e., reliving past gambling experiences, planning the next venture, or thinking of ways to get money with which to gamble)
- Secretive about his/her gambling habits, and defensive when confronted
- Increasing bet amounts when gambling in order to achieve the desired excitement ("high")
- Trying unsuccessfully to control, cut back or stop gambling
- Restless or irritable when not gambling
- Gambling to escape problems
- Chasing losses with more gambling
- Lying to family and others about the extent of gambling
- Committing crimes to finance gambling
- Jeopardizing or losing relationships, jobs, education or career opportunities because of gambling
- Relying on others to bail him or her out to relieve a desperate financial situation caused by gambling
If you have questions you’d like answered, call 1-800-BETS OFF, click on Live Chat now, or click here to send us your question.